Delicious Sumac Potato Salad
- 500g potato
- 2 small red onions
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2-3 celery sticks
- bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 tbls mustard (I used dijon)
- Half lemon zest and juice
- 7 tbls extra virgin olive oil
1. Finley chop the onions, put them into a big bowl and add two big pinch of salt, half lemon zest and lemon juice and the honey. Stir it well and leave it on a side.
2. Chop the potatoes in to bite size chunks. Cook them in a pan of boiling salted water until just tender. While the potatoes are cooking finely chop the celery and the parsley and add them into the red onions.
3. In a small bowl mix the mustard and olive oil.
4. When the potatoes are ready, drain them well and while still warm tip them into the onion, celery, parsley mix. Drizzle over the oil-mustarded dressing and gently mix everything together. Leave to stand for 15 mins or so to allow the warm potatoes to absorb the flavours.
5. When serving sprinkle with sumac (Sumac is deep red coloured ground spice made from dried sumac berries native to the Middle East. It has a wonderful, somehow exotic lemon-lime flavour and a little tartness.)
Easy simple nutritious food and one of my favourite things